Thursday, July 16, 2009

58(corrected-62 or so!!)...where does that put me on the foodie scale??

I found this fun fun quiz on The Gourmet Girl Magazine's blog. Copy and paste the following list putting anything you've tried in bold. It's supposed to tell you where you are between foodie and gourmet foodie...I didn't think I'd have tried so many, but I must say there are also churros and french fries on the list! I added a few comments and asterisks on the ones I haven't tried but would like to... comment me and let me know where YOU fall.
1. Natto
2. Green Smoothie* I don't know what this is, but I bet it's good
3. Tofu
4. Haggis*
5. Mangosteen*
6. Creme brulee - maybe my favorite dessert ever
7. Fondue - my mom has a fantastic recipe for shrimp fondue...yum, I'll have to post it in winter time
8. Marmite/Vegemite -not good
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Nachos
12. Authentic soba noodles
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi (this was an update, I've eaten it, but didn't know what it was called, now that's adventurous!
15. Taco from a street cart (This was so added by Anthony Bourdain)
16. Boba Tea (a.k.a. Bubble Tea)-Thanks to my very chic SD roommate, love you Nattie, muah!
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine (Elderberry, etc)
19. Gyoza (this is an add too, potstickers people!)
20. Vanilla ice cream - homemade no less
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Ceviche
24. Rice and beans
25. Knish*
26. Raw scotch bonnet pepper*
27. Dulce de leche
28. Caviar
29. Baklava
30. Pate
31. Wasabi peas
32. Chowder in a sourdough bowl -a Central Coast staple!
33. Mango lassi *
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float - wow, I haven't had one of these in a long time
36. Mulled cider
37. Scones with buttery spread and jam
38. Vodka jelly
39. Gumbo
40. Fast food french fries
41. Lasagna - my mother-in-law's is the best
42. Fresh Garbanzo Beans
43. Dahl
44. Caviar -It's a repeat I know, but I didn't write the quiz...
45. Wine from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Stroopwaffle *
47. Samosas - the veggei ones are the best
48. Sushi - every chance I get
49. Glazed doughnut
50. Seaweed/Wakame
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Crepes
54. Squid or Octopus
55. Cotton candy
56. Gnocchi
57. PiƱa colada
58. Birch beer
59. Scrapple or Spam
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores
62. Lo Mein
63. Bangers & Mash
64. Curry
65. Sea Urchin-fresh out of the shell, fresh, salty, delicious
66. Homemade Sausages
67. Churros, elephant ears, or funnel cake -seriously?
68. Adzuki beans
69. Fried plantain*
70. Mochi
71. Gazpacho
72. Warm chocolate chip cookies
73. Absinthe *
74. Corn on the cob
75. Whipped cream, straight from the can -again...seriously?
76. Pomegranate
77. Potato Knishes*
78. Mashed potatoes with gravy - classic comfort food
79. Jerky
80. Croissants
81. French onion soup*
82. Something made with squid ink
83. Tings
84. Frogs Legs
85. Moussaka
86. Sprouted grains or seeds
87. Macaroni and “cheese”
88. Flowers
89. Matzoh ball soup - the first time I tasted this I was very sorry I was not born with a Jewish grandmother...warm goodness, mmmm.
90. White chocolate
91. Seitan
92. Kimchi *
93. Butterscotch chips
94. Yellow watermelon
95. Chili with chocolate
96. Bagel and Tofutti
97. Wild Game, such as Ostrich, Venison, Elk
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain
100. Raw cookie dough

4 comments:

louis luzzo said...

You are an adventurous spirit and willing to try new things in the world of food. You go girl!
It is a fun way to share what we've had and what we still have to try. Making suggestions about what you'd like to see added speaks volumes about your 'taste.'

Unknown said...

What a fun quiz! So glad you shared with us and thanks for joining us at TwirlandTaste.
Happy Twirls,

Miranda said...

I am glad you shared that wonderful quiz. I also wanted to thank you for visiting my site.

Yes, I did used instant oats. Thank you for pointing that out. I am going to add that to my post.

Natalie said...

Hey Cali Chic! Thanks for stopping by my blog, you asked me about the 3oz of cream cheese.

I buy Philedelphia Brand Cream Cheese, and when you open the package there are little marks showing what is 1 oz, 2 oz, 3 oz, etc (like with butter).

If that isn't available to you I would buy an 8oz block of cream cheese and cut in in half. Then you have two 4oz section, cut a quarter off one of the sections and there you go, 3oz!

Oh and that's awesome you live in Italy! My boyfriends sister has been a Texan transplant in Italy for about 3 years now. Very cool :)