Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Why I'm here.

Sometimes in our lives we need little reminders about why we have made certain choices, especially in these times when not only our world, but our personal lives may seem to be in a tail spin, or just aren't working out quite as we imagined they would.
I had one of these reminders yesterday as I was settling into bed next to my boyfriend, snuggling in may actually be more appropriate as my position is generally cuddled up to his side with my hand rested on his chest, and all of a sudden this peace came over me.
After a chaotic day, at the beginning of a chaotic week in a chaotic month it was just the thing I needed. Since I've been here he's always been like that for me. A port in the storm, a shoulder to cry on and a warm body to snuggle up to on a cold autumn night. And I remembered why, why I'm here, why I left my beautiful California home to live in the disorganization, inefficient, but hopelessly charming country we call Italy. For love of him, because anyone who can bring you complete peace and a feeling of safety when you are feeling completely lost is worth making that kind of sacrifice for.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. Are you in my head right now or what. Beautifully and very accurately stated.

Dipika Singh said...

I know what u mean. Have been married for 8 years. Have travelled wherever his job took him; changed jobs, career even to be with him. The snuggle every night, the shoulder to lean on, the "let-me-roll-up-my-sleeves-and-solve-all-you-problem-look" has made it all so worth it.