Sunday, November 16, 2008

Amatricana!

On the up-side, I'm making amatriciana today. One of my favorite things to make. If you're interested, here's the recipe:

4 tbs olive oil
1 small onion finely chopped
1 c diced bacon (pork cheek is actually better and more flavorful)
1/2 c white wine
2 cans diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1 package spaghetti
romano cheese to top

Put a pot of water on a high fire. In a medium sized pan saute the diced onion with the olive oil until it's translucent. Add the bacon or pork cheek and saute until they are almost crispy. Add the wine and reduce. Add the diced tomatoes, salt (not too much since the bacon is already a bit salty) and pepper.
When the water is boiling add a small handful of coarse salt and the spaghetti. Cook until al dente or to the consistency you prefer. Drain and return to the pot. Add the sauce and mix. Sprinkle with cheese and serve hot.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Luciana Silva said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by in my blog. I love books too. When I finish one I take another one.
I'll have to try the spagetti. Take care!