Sunday, November 16, 2008

What to do when you don't have a car.

One of the biggest things I miss about Cali is having my car. To us I think a car is not only a necessity, but key to our independence.
Living in Rome having a car is almost insane. The traffic, the parking, the driving. It's worse than LA at rush hour...honestly! There's a huge difference between freeway traffic and city traffic, and I'd much rather have freeway traffic!
So, my point being that I feel a bit dependent, okay a lot dependent on my boyfriend for rides to do the grocery shopping, go anywhere off the beaten path, and today IKEA! I really, really want to go to IKEA, but Matteo is working, and then when he gets home there's the soccer game (Sunday's are almost exclusively reserved to sports, one of the few similarities with the States actually), so looks like I'm stuck! Suck!

2 comments:

Luciana Silva said...

Hi, its me again!!!!! You know IKEA!!! This is a Swedish store. I'm planning to talk about it. Yesterday I went there, it's almost 40 km from where I live. I can stay hours and hours there....I love it!!!

cali chic said...

It's like something between a sweet addiction and a black hole! I could spend hours just in the bottom section where they have all the accessories! My boyfriend refuses to take me there because everytime we go we fight :/ it's just a coincidence...I think. Maybe there's some weird IKEA energy, they should check their feng shui