Sunday, June 7, 2009

In other people's eyes

When we see each other through other people's eyes sometimes it's difficult to see. Our behavior isn't always understood as we intend it to be understood, or according to our feelings at a particular moment. Is it important for us to know what other people think of us, or see in us? Maybe if we can take these views and learn what we like or don't like about ourselves, not so much what others don't like about us, then maybe it's useful. There's a book by a famous Italian author, Luigi Pirandello, where he asks, are we the person we see ourselves as or what other people see us as, and is it important to see this difference to understand our true identity. I think it's a combination of both and the observation of ourselves and others determines the person we eventually become.

2 comments:

Foodiewife said...

I wanted to thank you for popping in to my food blog and leaving such kind comments. Is that your own horse you are riding, in one of your blog postings? It looks so much like Marina State Beach, where I've ridden my horses countless times. I feel blessed to live in Monterey, CA. I've traveled the world, and have seen beautiful cities...but my heart is in California.
Cheers,
Debby

cali chic said...

It's actually my grandmother's horse. He's 5 and a beautiful handful! We're from Pismo Beach-just love that California coastline.
Hope to read more great food stories soon :)